With a Findmypast gift subscription, you can give your loved ones a unique treat like no other – their amazing family story. Here’s how to buy a gift subscription for that special someone:
- Visit our gift subscriptions page to view and compare our membership options
- Choose the best option for the person you’re buying for and select ‘Buy gift’
- If you’re not already signed up, join Findmypast. It’s free. If you are already signed up with us, simply log in
- Enter your recipient’s name, email address, and a personal message for them. Your message will accompany the gift when they receive it, so make it special
- Choose when you want us to send the gift – it can be today or up to 90 days away
- Complete your purchase by entering your payment details. We’ll send you a confirmation email to let you know your thoughtful gift is ready to go
Unlike standard Findmypast subscriptions, our gift subscriptions do not auto-renew. Your recipient’s access to paid areas of the site will end when your chosen subscription expires. If they wish, they can continue their family history journey by entering their billing details and becoming a paying subscriber at the end of their gift membership.
It’s worth remembering that if the person you’re buying for already has an active Findmypast subscription, you should wait until it ends before buying them a gift subscription. They won’t be able to redeem a gift subscription if they already subscribe. We currently can’t transfer a gift subscription to someone else.
Issues and refunds
Sent the gift to the wrong email address? Want to change the delivery date? No confirmation email? Need a refund? Contact our customer support team and we’ll help you resolve any problems.
Refunds will only be issued if the recipient’s unique gift redemption code hasn’t been used and standard Findmypast refund terms will apply. Please read our full gift subscription terms and conditions before purchasing.