Once you are logged in, you can navigate to the 1921 Census.
- Select ‘Search’ from the navigation bar at the top of the page
- Within the Search menu, select ‘1921 Addresses’
This will take you through to the address search form.
- The 1921 Census will automatically be applied.
- Type in the street name you are looking for and tick the ‘Spelling variants' box if you would like to account for potential spelling errors in your search.
- Type in the location of the street. This can be simply England or Wales, a city, county or town. This field will give suggestions as you type, we recommend selecting the option that fits where you are looking for the closest if an exact match does not appear.
- Choose your search radius, this is 5 miles by default but can be adjusted to narrow the results if you are confident in the location or broaden if you are unsure.
- As you fill out the search fields the view results button will preview the number of results. When you are satisfied with your search terms select view results.
- On the results page you can see the street names and their location, such as county and district. On the far right of each result is the number of households on that street, select this to view those households. Here you will see the house numbers or house names on that street.
- If you do not think the search has found where you are looking for you can further refine it using the search fields on screen. There is also some useful guidance in the search help section.