Try Findmypast before you subscribe. Follow these simple steps to start a 14-day free trial.
- Visit the free trial page and choose the membership option you’d like to try. You’ll find comparisons of what’s included in each subscription under ‘Compare our memberships’
- Select the ‘Start free trial' button and you’ll be taken to the sign-up page
- If you're not yet a Findmypast member, complete your details and select 'Start free trial’. If you already have an account, select ‘Log in’ and enter your email address and password. You can also sign up with Facebook on this page
- Once you've signed up or logged in, you'll be asked to input your payment card details (see below for an explanation on why we do this). Complete the payment card details and your chosen membership is yours to explore, absolutely free for 14 days
- If you change your mind during the 14-day free trial you can upgrade your free trial to explore a higher level of subscription.
Important points to remember
- Payment card details are required at the outset of a Findmypast free trial so that you can enjoy seamless access to the site when your free trial ends
- Free trials are only available to new members. If you’ve had a subscription or taken a free trial in the past, you won’t be eligible
- Findmypast free trials are limited to one per registered email address. You won’t be able to trial all of our subscription options so make sure you choose carefully