Explore electoral registers, church records and more this Findmypast Friday.
Findmypast continues to add new records and newspaper pages every week so you'll always have something new to discover. Here's a rundown of what's new this week.
Privacy rules have allowed us to release thousands more Catholic baptism, marriage, and burial records from churches in Cincinnati, Ohio. You can now explore:
By 1910, around 70% of Cincinnati's citizens were Roman Catholic. These exclusive records detail some of the most important events in their lives.
These publicly-available modern records are perfect for tracing long lost relatives or house history. We’ve added another 2.9 million entries.
Provided by 192.com, the records include names, addresses, and other details of the UK electorate from 2002 right up to the present day. Business directors also feature.
Did your ancestor run a pub in Cambridgeshire? Find out with this unique resource, including new records from Newmarket, Ely, Whittelsey and Thorney.
We’ve been busy publishing seven new papers and updating 16 others with extra pages. Brand new to the collection are:
- Atherstone News and Herald covering 1895-1910, 1913-1949, and 1951-1982
- Blandford and Wimbourne Telegram covering 1886
- Bridport, Beaminster, and Lyme Regis Telegram covering 1880 and 1882-1884
- Bristol Observer covering 1877, 1879, 1886, 1889 and 1898
- Llanelly Mercury covering 1891-1892, 1894-1896, and 1899-1908
- Poole Telegram covering 1880
- Rhos Herald covering 1922-1950
And we've expanded our coverage in the following papers:
- Barrow Herald and Furness Advertiser from 1880
- Bootle Times from 1882, 1889 and 1897
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1884
- Chester Courant from 1867
- Daily Record from 1905
- Fulham Chronicle from 1905-1906 and 1979-1980
- Halifax Comet from 1893, 1898-1901 and 1904
- Indian Daily News from 1898
- Reynolds’s Newspaper from 1933
- Saint James’s Chronicle from 1821
- Stockton Herald, South Durham and Cleveland Advertiser from 1880, 1882-1889 and 1891-1892
- Sun & Central Press from 1871 and 1873-1874
- Sun (London) from 1873-1875
- Swindon Advertiser from 1899, 1901-1910 and 1912
- Swindon Advertiser and North Wilts Chronicle from 1911
- Widnes Examiner from 1889
Findmypast Fridays live
Fridays Live 9 April 2021 | Findmypast
Grab a hot drink and wind down into the weekend with Ellie, as she chats through Findmypast's newest records and more. QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What's a family history resource you wish more people knew about? See which genealogy records we've added this week: https://www.findmypast.co.uk/blog/new/victualler-recordsPosted by Findmypast on Friday, April 9, 2021
If walls could talk, what stories would your home tell?