Discover family history across both hemispheres with records from Ireland to Australia
Explore history from around the globe with 200,000 new records.
If you weren't already aware (and if not, where have you been?), we have the single largest online collection of Irish records, and our collection is always expanding. This Friday, we've added 165,000 new Waterford records, and to top it off, we've added 33,000 funeral records from Queensland, Australia, just in time for Australia and New Zealand Family History Month. Here's a rundown of everything that's new.
We've added 33,000 new records to this collection, and they're perfect for researching more recent history, covering the years 1973-2003.
Within these records, you could uncover a full name, place of residence, and death date. You may also find extra information under the 'Description' field of the transcript, including notes on titles, relationships, and gender. As well as this, many records also offer additional notes, which cover details such as ethnicity, religion, or alias.
These records cover 71 years of social history from Waterford, Ireland.
The Town Commission was established in 1854, and was responsible for government activity such as the maintenance of roads and waterworks, sanitation, providing housing, and regulating the markets. These records cover the years 1851-1922, and document everything from staff and suppliers, assistance requests, fee payments, or deserted and orphaned children. If you find an ancestor listed here, you could discover their trade or occupation and more information on their finances.
Unearth your ancestor's connection to 19th and 20th century workhouses with 38,500 new records. These records are from the Kilmacthomas Union.
If you find your ancestor in this collection, it's possible that they owed money, asked for emigration assistance, or got married within the workhouse. These records also detail the staff and suppliers of the workhouses across the area, as well as noting fee payments, maintenance work, and general minutes on the day-to-day running of the institutions.
With 10 brand new titles and an immense 422,000 pages added to our newspaper archive this week, there really is something for everyone. We've added our third title from Antigua, the Antigua Standard, as well as our first standalone Australian title, the Australian Spiritualist. Not only that, but we've added specialist title the British Yachtsman and updated titles from Ireland, Scotland, and Canada. Read on for the full list of new and updated titles.
- Antigua Standard, 1883-1890
- Australian Spiritualist, 1881
- Battersea Polytechnic Review, 1894
- British Yachtsman, 1894
- Evans and Ruffy’s Farmer’s Journal, 1809-1832
- Hampstead News, 1882-1961
- Holloway Press, 1872-1962
- Land & Labor, 1918
- Sutton Journal, 1863-1896, 1898-1902
- West Kent Argus and Borough of Lewisham News, 1894-1931
- Ashbourne News Telegraph, 1998
- Birmingham Weekly Mercury, 1936-1945, 1947-1948, 1951-1955, 1957-1958, 1961-1962, 1964-1966, 1968, 1970, 1972, 1974, 1976-1979, 1983-1985, 1993-1994, 1998
- Birmingham Weekly Post, 1879
- Bracknell Times, 1998
- Brentwood Gazette, 1993
- Bucks Advertiser & Aylesbury News, 1845, 1851, 1863
- Cambridge Town Crier, 1993
- Caterham Mirror, 1993
- Chester Chronicle, 1998
- Crewe Chronicle, 1998
- Derby Express, 1998
- Dorking and Leatherhead Advertiser, 1993
- East Cleveland Herald & Post, 1993
- East Grinstead Observer, 1993
- Edinburgh Evening News, 1951
- Erdington News, 1911-1917
- Evening Despatch, 1908-1911, 1913, 1920-1923, 1925-1929, 1933-1935, 1937-1938, 1948-1949, 1951-1954
- Faversham Times and Mercury and North-East Kent Journal, 1993, 1995
- Field, 1857
- Formby Times, 1993, 1995
- Gloucester News, 1993
- Harlow Star, 1993
- Harrow Informer, 1993
- Harrow Observer, 1998
- Heartland Evening News, 1999
- Herald Cymraeg, 1993
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer, 1998
- Herts and Essex Observer, 1998-1999
- Hounslow & Chiswick Informer, 1993
- Huntingdon Town Crier, 1998
- Irvine Herald, 1994
- Isle of Thanet Gazette and Thanet Times, 1993
- Kentish Express, 1961
- Leatherhead Advertiser, 1993
- Long Eaton Advertiser, 1998
- Middlesbrough Herald & Post, 1993
- Midweek Visiter (Southport), 1993
- Neath Guardian, 1993
- Ormskirk Advertiser, 1992
- Ottawa Free Press, 1903
- Plymouth Extra, 1989, 1993
- Retford, Gainsborough & Worksop Times, 1998
- St Neots Town Crier, 1993
- St. Kitts Daily Express, 1906, 1909-1915
- Stockport Express Advertiser, 1993
- Strathearn Herald, 1993
- Sun (Antigua), 1911, 1913-1920
- Sunbury & Shepperton Herald, 1991
- Thanet Times, 1993
- Uxbridge Informer, 1995
- Walton & Weybridge Informer, 1993
- West Surrey Times, 1918
- Whitstable Times and Herne Bay Herald, 1993
- Woodford Times, 1870-1881, 1896, 1899-1915