Explore iconic wartime photos with our latest releases
All Findmypast military records are completely FREE from November 5-12.
Marking Veterans Day, we've released a raft of new military photos and records. Here are all the details on what's new this week.
Rummage through over 5,600 new snapshots from the Blitz, World War 2 front lines and the Findmypast Community.
The Findmypast Photo Collection features thousands of old photos, many online for the first time. You can discover vintage military photos, shots from World War 2's Home Front and evacuations, family photos from christenings, weddings and funerals, and much more.
As a premium collection, the Findmypast Photo Collection is excluded from our free military records promotion.
Now available in their own distinct record set, these incredible photos bring Canada’s World War 2 experiences to life.
Featuring captivating images from Prisoner of War camps, Naval vessels, battlefields, training exercises, and more, you can explore this amazing collection completely FREE from November 5-12.
Dig deeper into your US ancestors’ war stories with records from The Veteran’s History Project. Discover indexes to interviews, recordings, photos, and more.
This unique collection is also included in our free access promotion. Search and view it free of charge until November 12.
Greenock Herald, with editions from 1875-1877, 1880, 1882, 1884, 1886, 1888 and 1891 has joined the site. Plus, we've updated 13 other papers as follows;
- Monmouthshire Merlin covering 1871 and 1874
- South Wales Echo covering 1885
- Runcorn Weekly News covering 1973
- Halifax Evening Courier covering 1921-1923 and 1925
- Waterford News Letter covering 1890 and 1894
- Kinematograph Weekly covering 1915-1922
- Rochester, Chatham & Gillingham Journal covering 1866, 1870, 1873, 1876-1877, 1883-1891 and 1894-1895
- The Halesworth Times and East Suffolk Advertiser. covering 1866 and 1880
- Herts and Essex Observer covering 1862-1863 and 1879
- Gloucester Mercury covering 1874-1877 and 1879-1880
- Evening Mail covering 1873
- The Queen covering 1863
- Pontefract Advertiser covering 1859
Findmypast Fridays live
Fridays Live 6 November 2020
Join Findmypast expert Myko Clelland for a chat about our latest record releases, and a discussion about 'records that open doors': the family history records that can unlock your past in ways you don’t expect. Do you have stories to share? Come join us! QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Which record set unlocked an unexpected family history discovery for you?Posted by Findmypast on Friday, November 6, 2020