Let family history fill your time at home with this week's brand new Findmypast records.
Amongst so much uncertainty in the world at the moment, one thing you can rely on is our commitment to bringing you new family records and opportunities to discover your past every week. Here's what's new to the site this Findmypast Friday.
Unique to Findmypast, these records can reveal details about the start of your relatives' lives in Middlesex. The collection has been enhanced with over 17,000 new records from the following parishes:
Our thanks go to Cliff Webb and West Middlesex Family History Society for providing these latest additions.
Over 6,000 burials from Mt Pleasant Cemetery, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire have joined the largest collection of British parish records online at Findmypast.
The burial records date from 1881 to 1925 and have been provided by Fenland Family History Society. You won't find them anywhere else online.
Discover your Caribbean roots with over 1.5 million new civil death registration records from Jamaica. Brought to you in partnership with FamilySearch, these death records can tell you more about your relative's life and death in Jamaica.
As you trace your Jamaican past, be sure to also delve into these other useful resources:
The Caribbean-themed releases continue in our newspaper collection this week. We've added new papers from Jamaica and Ireland and updated a range of others. Brand new to the site are:
While the following newspapers have been supplemented with more issues:
- Merthyr Express has been updated with editions from 1871-1897, 1899-1910 and 1912-1945
- Truth has been updated with editions from 1900-1902, 1906-1907 and 1910
- Burton Chronicle has been updated with editions from 1896 and 1899-1900
- Newtownards Chronicle & Co. Down Observer has been updated with editions from 1875-1879 and 1881-1900
- Bradford Weekly Telegraph has been updated with editions from 1869-1878
- South Wales Gazette has been updated with editions from 1894
- Welshman has been updated with editions from 1836-1841, 1847, 1852, 1866, 1878
- Nuneaton Observer has been updated with editions from 1877-1896, 1898-1903
- Sligo Independent has been updated with editions from 1885
Newspapers are a goldmine of information on your family's past. Not only could you find your ancestors making headlines, but you'll also get insight into the world they lived in, the kind you won't find in other records.
Staying home? Join our community
We're hosting a range of extra online discussions and events on Facebook over the coming weeks to help the Findmypast Community through these testing times. Family history is all about connections so come join us and make some new ones.