As home of the largest collection of UK parish records online, we're excited to bring you even more unique family-finding resources.
Stay home with Findmypast this Easter weekend and delve into thousands of new records you won't find on any other family history site.
Over 22,000 new records covering 18 parishes across the North East of England have been added to this comprehensive collection. Memorial inscriptions can reveal excellent details for your family tree including:
- Your ancestors' names
- Their birth, death and burial dates
- Their ages when they died
- The messages inscribed on their memorials
- Where they were buried
- Their religious denominations
The records consist of transcriptions with the most important details and a small number of original memorial images that can uncover even more. The parishes covered in this latest release are:
- Croxdale, St Bartholomew with records dating 1847-1986
- Easington, St Mary with records dating 1698-1934
- East Rainton, St Cuthbert with records dating 1863-1994
- Gateshead, St Mary with records dating 1632-1898
- Heworth, St Mary with records dating 1654-2017
- Lamesley, St Andrew with records dating 1621-1992
- Seaham, St Mary the Virgin with records dating 1696-1993
- Bedlington, St Cuthbert with records dating 1699-1994
- Beltingham, St Cuthbert with records dating 1760-1993
- Haltwhistle, Holy Cross with records dating 1742-1908
- Hebron, St Cuthbert with records dating 1718-1993
- Hexham, St Andrews Cemetery with records dating 1675-1940
- Ingram, St Michael & All Angels with records dating 1675-1994
- Jesmond, St Andrew's Cemetery with records dating 1831-2002
- Longhirst, St John the Evangelist with records dating 1864-1994
- Ovingham, St Mary the Virgin with records dating 1631-1963
- Rothbury, All Saints with records dating 1688-1978
- Ulgham, St John the Baptist with records dating 1621-1994
All of this week's new additions have been provided by our partners at the Northumberland and Durham Family History Society.
Thousands of additional transcripts of baptism records from seven Northumberland parishes have joined this collection as follows:
- Bywell, St Andrew with records dating 1668-1901
- Corbridge, St Andrew with records dating 1716-1747
- Swinburne, St Mary with records dating 1828-1859
- Widdrington, Holy Trinity with records dating 1698-1912
- Wooler, St Mary with records dating 1764-1812
Baptism records help to unlock vital details about one of the biggest events in your relative's early life. As well as basics like names and dates, you can expect to discover their local church and parish name and, importantly, their parents' names to get your family research back another generation.
Marriage records from St Peter's Church, Cambois have been added to the site and you won’t find them elsewhere online.
Marriage records are some of the most important sources for learning about your family's past. They can reveal the couples' names and ages, when and where they were married, their fathers' names and the names of any witnesses
We’ve also added over 4,400 exclusive baptism records covering these four Durham parishes:
- Denton, St Mary with records dating 1813-1839
- Hurworth, All Saints with records dating 1561-1799
- Kirk Merrington, St John the Evangelist with records dating 1579-1602
- Pittington, St Laurence with records dating 1574-1622
If you've got roots in North East England, these newest records are bound to keep you busy this Easter weekend. We'd love to hear about your discoveries and how they've helped shape your family story. Reach out to us on social media using #WhereWillYourPastTakeYou?
Three new publications from England and Ireland, and updates to another make for an exciting week of discoveries in our ever-growing newspaper archives. Brand new to the collection this week are:
As well as those brand new titles, Halifax Express has been updated with issues from 1835-1837.
Findmypast Fridays live
Wherever you are spending this Easter weekend, we hope you stay safe, stay busy with family history and stay connected with friends and loved ones from a distance.