Brand new Irish family records now online
1-2 minute read
By Niall Cullen
Discover your ancestors' final resting places with this week's Findmypast Friday records.
How would you feel if our latest releases helped you smash through a long-standing 'brick wall' in your family history? There's only one way to find out - get searching. Here's what's new on Findmypast this week.
Explore over 70,000 Londonderry (Derry) burial records to discover the details of those laid to rest in City Cemetery.
Writer of All Things Bright and Beautiful, Cecil Frances Alexander is among those buried in Londonderry (Derry) City Cemetery.
Her record includes her birthplace, residence and parents’ names.
This new collection covers three Dublin cemeteries and over 200 years of burials. What will you unearth about your Irish ancestors?
The cemeteries featured are:
- St John The Baptist, Castle Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin
- Drimnagh (Bluebell), Old Naas Road, Dublin
- St Canice’s, Finglas, Dublin
Along with key names and dates, you'll discover addresses, occupations and marital statuses in these useful resources.
We’ve added over 29,000 new burial records from three parishes. Use them to enrich the Dorset branches of your family tree.
The latest additions come from:
- Melcombe Regis, 1570-1933
- Weymouth, 1885-2001
- Wyke Regis, 1887-1992
Check the parish list for full details on what's included in our entire Dorset church record collection.
Three new papers are now online. Plus, we’ve updated 16 others. Hot off the press this week are:
And we've added more pages from additional years to these papers:
- Indian Statesman from 1872-1873
- Witness (Edinburgh) from 1857
- Newry Telegraph from 1872-1881
- Bangalore Spectator from 1886, 1888, 1891-1892 and 1894
- Chelsea News and General Advertiser from 1973
- Herald of Wales from 1887-1889
- Voice of India from 1886, 1888 and 1910
- Lancaster Standard and County Advertiser from 1900 and 1903
- Nairnshire Telegraph and General Advertiser for the Northern Counties from 1902, 1917, 1928, 1930 and 1935
- Indian Daily News from 1900-1901 and 1903-1906
- Madras Weekly Mail from 1877-1881, 1883-1884, 1886-1887, 1889-1890, 1893, 1896-1897, 1899-1900 and 1907
- North Wales Weekly News from 1889-1895, 1899-1901, 1903-1905, 1912-1922, 1924-1927, 1941-1942, 1953 and 1955
- Liverpool Daily Post from 1901
- American Register from 1884-1886, 1889, 1894, 1896, 1900, 1903, 1908 and 1912
- Nantwich Chronicle from 1975
- Marylebone Mercury from 1979
Findmypast Fridays live
Fridays Live 15 January 2021
Join Alex at 4pm GMT for this week’s live Friday broadcast. Today we will be taking a look at our latest new records, celebrating discoveries, our ancestor’s reactions to early vaccination and more slices of medical history from our newspaper archive. QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What were your best family finds of 2020?Posted by Findmypast on Friday, January 15, 2021