Where will your past take you this Findmypast Friday?
Vital life event records from England and Jamaica plus a host of new and updated newspapers - here's what's new to Findmypast this week.
Were your ancestors religious dissenters? We’ve added thousands of Surrey Methodist records to this useful collection.
The records can reveal important family tree information including:
- Your ancestors' names
- Their birth and baptism dates
- Where they were baptized
- Their parents' names
- Their godparents' names
- Their family's religious beliefs
Use a range of search filters to find who you're looking for quicker and always remember to check the digitized copy of the original record if available. It could contain extra details.
With improved search features, our vibrant Jamaican collection has expanded again. Explore over 780,000 new birth, baptism, marriage, and death records to flesh out the Jamaican branches of your family tree.
Explore the collection as a whole or hone in on the record you need by searching each distinct record set:
Combine these latest releases with our exclusive archive of newspaper pages from the Royal Gazette of Jamaica to discover the bigger picture of your reggae roots.
Four new papers and generous updates to 12 others sees our newspaper collection continue to grow at pace.
Brand new to the site this week are:
- Peterborough Standard covering 1872-1962
- Haddingtonshire Advertiser and East-Lothian Journal covering 1881-1888
- Invergordon Times and General Advertiser covering 1879-1886, 1888 and 1892
- Ben Brierley’s Journal covering 1874-1881, 1883-1884, 1886 and 1888-1889
And we've added thousands more pages to:
- Port Talbot Guardian from 1961-1980
- Northman and Northern Counties Advertiser from 1880, 1882-1883 and 1885-1886
- Daily Mirror from 1918
- Kelso Mail from 1876, 1879-1880, 1883-1884 and 1886
- Kirkcaldy Times from 1880-1882 and 1884-1885
- Wolverhampton Express and Star from 1874-1876, 1878-1879 and 1881
- Bradford Observer from 1954-1956
- Evening Mail from 1861-1864 and 1868
- Helensburgh News from 1879-1885
- Marylebone Mercury from 1926-1932, 1934, 1936-1937 and 1946
- Manchester Times from 1857 and 1863
- Nantwich Chronicle from 1965-1970