- High quality search
- Our global search has been developed to give you total control of your results in one page, from a town to the whole world.
- Buy credits or subscribe
- We have got you covered with our flexible range of packages and credit offers.
- Learning resources
- Our help documents will guide you through your research, giving you insights and techniques
- Innovative tools to assist you
- Our research tools will help you to define your research
Findmypast.com Expands U.S. Records CollectionAugust 31, 2012
Newly added records gives users access to unparalleled resources that cannot be found anywhere else
Los Angeles, CA; August 31, 2012 : Findmypast.com, an international leader in online family history research, today announced the expansion of its U.S. records to include World War I Draft cards and outgoing passenger lists from the UK to United States, among others.
The unveiling of findmypast.com’s expanded record collection follows the announcement of a new partnership with Federation of Genealogical Societies to preserve and digitize local U.S. records from genealogical societies around the country including newspapers and obituaries, bible records, cemetery records and birth, marriage and death records. Through this partnership, findmypast.com has shown a commitment to the genealogical community and societies both big and small.
“Findmypast.com is giving our users access to key U.S. data sets that will help them expand their research and uncover more facts,” said D. Joshua Taylor, business development manager and genealogist for findmypast.com. “The U.S. records expansion complements our extensive international collection including records from Ireland, Scotland, Australia, England and New Zealand.”
New records that have been added or will be added during 2012 include:
- World War I Draft Cards
- Outbound UK Passenger Lists (BT27)
- Genealogical society materials
- 1940 Census records
The new records join nearly 1,000 existing unique and international record collections including:
- England Royal Household Records
- Most complete England, Wales and Scotland census collection available online
- British Army service records
- Unique Irish prison and court records
- Irish military and rebellion records
- Millions more records and specialist records that cannot be found anywhere else and many sets dating back to 1200 AD
Findmypast.com launched in the United States in July 2012. For a limited time, new subscribers can access millions of records with findmypast.com’s Pioneer Offer. For only $4.95 per month (with a year-long subscription) users will have access to a world subscription and save more than 76 percent. The offer expires Sept. 9, 2012.
Findmypast.com (owned by brightsolid) is the U.S. site of findmypast, an international leader in online family history with over 18 million registered members worldwide. Findmypast connects people to core and unique U.S., English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Australian and New Zealand records dating back as far as 1200.
Findmypast.com is owned by brightsolid online publishing, a British-owned world leader in online genealogy, with over 45 years’ experience in family history and a record of online innovation in the field of family history nearly two decades long. With nearly 18 million registered users across its family of online genealogy brands, brightsolid hosts over a billion genealogical records from across the globe. The company reported a 75 percent growth in turnover and a 47 percent growth in gross profits in its most recent published accounts and was voted Best Genealogy Organization in the Online Gene Awards.
Marketing Executive, North America
Allison+Partners for findmypast.com