- World Records
- Full list of United States records
- Military Service & Conflict
- Vietnam War Deaths
Records in this collection
- Arkansas Second Registration draft cards 1948-1959
- Duty locations, Naval Group China, World War II, 1942-1945
- General Correspondence of the Record and Pension Office, 1889-1904
- Georgia World War II Draft Registration Cards 1940-1942
- Korean War Casualty File
- Korean War Deaths, 1950-1954
- Korean War Pows
- Korean War Pows [Repatriated]
- Louisiana draft cards 1940-1959
- Pennsylvania, World War II casualty cards
- U.S. Army Casualties, 1961-1981
- U.S. Civil War Medal of Honor, 1861-1865
- U.S. Civil War Prisoners, 1861-1865
- U.S. Civil War Sailors, 1861-1865
- U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
- U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards,1917-1918
- United States Army Enlistments 1798-1914
- United States Naval Enlistment Rendezvous 1855-1891
- United States, Revolutionary War, Pensions
- Vermont, enrolled militia 1861-1867
- Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966
- Vietnam War Casualties
- Vietnam War Casualties Returned Alive
- Vietnam War Deaths
- World War II Army Enlistment Records
- World War II POWs
Finding Vietnam War Death records 1956-2006
The US military involvement resulted in 56,220 Vietnam War casualties, according to the U.S. National Archives.
The Vietnam War presents multiple challenges to historians due to official discrepancies with draft numbers, contention over official number of soldiers deployed, and a general lack of transparency from the US government during the war leading to possible misinformation in historical records.
Using the Vietnam War Deaths index
This is a comprehensive record set of military personnel who died as a result of the Vietnam War from June 6, 1956 to May 28, 2006. The Vietnam War Deaths index on findmypast.com compiled more than 52,000 transcripts of soldiers that died in service to their country.
Details within the Vietnam War Deaths collection may include:
Original data compiled from National Archives Record Group 330: Records of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, 1921-2008. Compiled as part of the Defense Casualty Analysis System (DCAS) Extra Files.
Data provided by Electronic and Special Media Records Services Division (NWME), National Archives and College Park.